If you’re a self-proclaimed beauty junkie and looking to up your skin care game, this post, is your one-
2018 is the year I’m taking my beauty and skin care regimen to a whole new level. In this list, I have put together a 25 beauty tips that I will be practicing. Most of which I do already while I can’t wait to try out others.
These beauty tips have been talked about for a long time but I made sure to do my research before bringing it to you. So here goes. Enjoy!
- Ensure you have a good sleep quality (minimum of 7 hours).
- Wash your makeup brushes regularly. Click here to a tutorial.
- Use sunscreen. Not just for summer, your skin can still be damaged by UV rays all year round. Click here to shop this one with SPF 40 and it’s perfect for face and body.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!
- Stay hydrated. It might be a myth that water clears out your skin but hydration is still good for your insides.
- Use a moisturising lip balm continuously for softer lips.
- Include an alcohol-free toner in your face care regimen for a plumped and even toned complexion.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Cleanse every night. Find a good cleanser your skin responds well to and stick to it.
- Exfoliate your skin. This step is not to be skipped. You can buy a great scrub or make your own. Loads of recipes on my Pinterest.
- Give your scalp a daily massage. Doing this a day, will help stimulate circulation leading to hair growth.
- Avoid direct heat on your hair which causes damage and split ends.
- Include natural face masks in your regimen to maintain the health and balance of your skin. Link to my homemade recipe here.
- Exercise routinely. Work out, just keep it moving.
- Include the acids, topical retinoids have been shown to improve skin texture and minimize early wrinkles.
- Use anti-bacterial wipes to clean your phone to avoid acne on your cheeks and jawline.
- Also, while exercising, using a headband is important to soak up hair oils and products and protect your skin.
- Protect the skin around your eyes from early signs of ageing by using a good eye serum.
- Resist the urge to pop pimples. It normally doesn’t end well.
- Antioxidants are your best friend for healthy skin and cells. I drink a cup of green tea everyday. Read this post to find out all its benefits.
- Give your skin an extra push by brushing it up once or twice a week. Using a dry brush promotes circulation and makes cellulite less noticeable over time.
- Change your pillowcases once every week to avoid resting your face on bacteria build up.
- Still on pillow cases, invest in some silk ones to keep your hair from snagging while you toss and turn.
- Wash your face with warm water to open up your pores and rinse off with cold water to tighten them after.
- Use Vitamin C serums, licorice extracts or alpha hydroxy acids to lighten and brighten your skin. These are perfect for melasma and hyperpigmentation.
Love this list so much you want it for later? Click here to download a printable copy.